Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bikaner..

This trip was like one of those things you wish you never did...

Learnings:

1) Never, never undertake a train journey which is 25 hours long. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING, is worth the backpain and frustration you get in return.

2) DO NOT travel in a train which doesn't have a pantry car. At least, not for a journey which lasts 25 hours.( That fckin' train, which is destined to travel 25 hrs at a stretch, didn't have a pantry car. X-( X-(. ).

3) Do not take the seat close to AC vent. DO exchange it with some other stupid fellow in case you get it by mistake. Else you'll wake up coughing and sneezing in the middle of night, and there won't be anything you could do about it then!

4) CARRY EARPHONES. For any damned journey. Else, whole world around you will kill you, simply by staring at you, because your laptop is uttering kissing sounds, or words like .. oh shucks, I am afraid to even mention those simple words now!

5) ALWAYS carry a return ticket ,whichever place you may be travelling to!! It simply sucked to get stuck in that stupid city with nothing to do, all day long, staring at the stupid comp screen, all the while worrying, how the hell would we get out of here.

6) And yes, I had one of those times, when after waking up, I said, " Oh, I'm never drinking again! " Terrible headache/ hangover/ what not, that too just after one bottle beer, don't know what had got into me that time. My room mate predicts it was the effect of finishing that thing in less than 5 minutes that did it to me.

As I was saying to my friend, " Jo hota hai, bhale ke liye hota hai". I guess these learnings were the best part of all this madness. I hope I never repeat these mistakes again.

(Even as I write this, I am sitting in the same train, for the same 25 hour long journey, that too without a pantry car. But yeah, this time, I've oodles of food with me. Some learning, I must say.)

5 comments:

Vartika said...

aaawwww

Upadhi said...

Welcome Back

musketeer said...

! V

That is life!!

! U
Welcome back to you, Madame`!!

Huginn & Muninn said...

the word was 'panties' and it was repeated several times pretty loudly- including one sentence "my panties are white and have a small red rose in the front" !!!!
for the record only, of course :P

-- your room & train mate :D

musketeer said...

! A

i know i know!!

documentation is necessary!! :P