Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Aam!r

Brilliant Movie!!

Gripping story, awesome direction and incandescent performance by the actor.

However, there was a glitch in movie. It's about a habit of Mumbaikar's.

Aam!r asks for directions to the National Restaurant. The reactions were:-
1. Ignore.
2. " Jara sochne doge"
3. " Meri jeb me hai "

Now, this is not what you expect from 'aamchi mumbai'.

A typical mumbaikar, irrespective of how much hurry/tension he is in, would stop, explain you the way, then hurry again. That was 2nd thing I liked about this city. The 1st one was obviously, the pace at which this city moves ( we are not talking about the sluggish pace of traffic).

--

I alighted at Andheri station, and the scuttling pace of people took me by surprise. I distinctly remembered the scene in DCH, where Aamir khan is just standing, and people keep passing him at a furious speed. The causes were different, the effect- same.

Anyways, I gathered courage, tapped on shoulder of a passerby, then asked him how to get to Powai, and then made an attempt to keep up with his pace. The person abruptly stops. I am again taken aback. He stops, tells me the exact way, to reach the destination ( right when you are on bridge, then the bus no.s etc etc). Then, in a jiffy, he's back to his normal pace.

I couldn't help smiling. :)

--

Anyways, more on Mumbai later. Back to movie.

Again, a brilliant movie.

The sheer ferocity on Aamir's face when he beats the goons, the chopping of lambs when he passes through the market are the scenes that have a deep impact.

The word Aam!r, means a leader, as was stated in the movie. And in the end, the protagonist, turns out to be a true leader, that too,leading by example, probably, the rarest of it's kind!!


Must watch.

Music: Ya rehem, ya rehem...

2 comments:

Vartika said...

A. I had other friends praising the movie too! Now i will see it soon!

B. I have never myself received any of the three replies regarding directions...touchwood people always directed me right! and yes, that's so much a thing I love Mumbai for!
I am damously directionally handicapped!

musketeer said...

! Vats
A. Hope you have watched it by now.

B. The difference is, I am still in Mumbai, and you have moved to Delhi.

Oh yeah, I am gonna rub it in as much as possible! :D